Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Letters to Some...Comfort to Others

I would normally say that most people I've known have shown an egotistic side that doesn't pull at anyone's heartstrings. Yet, it amazes me that when we are asked what our strong points are or what we're best at..its usually filled by a nice long confused silence. Today I realized how many of my friends truly have a gift at writing either beautiful poetry about heartache that makes you want to kick your ex while smiling, or speak of touching stories of their pain.

It seems that writing has healing powers that the medical world does not yet know of. Whether your dying of emotional pain, or scared of the unkown winding road, or feel that one more minute spent in reality might be the end of all that you know, words offer that comforting shoulder. Sometimes we are not lucky enough to be surrounded by loved ones in our time of greatest need, or we are too closed to speak of our fears.

But reading, lets us travel into another realm where those whom we have never met speak to us, and understand us. It can be a novel your reading, or a letter from a friend, or even a journal entry. That is why I've decided to try and write a blog, because maybe it will help someone put a smile on their face, or maybe it will help someone know that we are all in the same boat, trying to help each other head towards a sanctuary.

4 comments:

  1. Nada, I like it, i think you are an amazing writer.. when I struggle to come up with something i can write about..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is too deep for me to comprehend...

    Dumb it down a little next time. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...which is why i have a blog!!!

    good stuff nada, welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete